SR.WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPER
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The function of the Sr. Web Application Developer (Sr. Developer) is to develop applications to client standards. The Sr. Developer is responsible for completing projects within budgeted hours to maintain profitability of each project.
The Sr. Developer will be mainly performing development tasks and unit testing. In some situations the Sr. Developer will also be asked to work on business analysis, architecture and/or work orders from the BA, PM or QA team.
The Sr. Developer works closely with the project managers, QA team and other project development team members to develop solutions per client requirements and approved design. The Sr. Developer may interact with clients in a technical advisory capacity. This is in addition to other company employees throughout the organization that fall with in the normal scope of interaction with this position.
- Identify opportunities for enhancing the consumer experience and internal platform tools through new functionality, standard development, and code optimization
- Work collaboratively with clients and developers on projects
- Develop and launch consumer-facing web e-commerce applications, including writing all presentation layer code
- Solid career as a developer with an ability to complete system designs and documentation.
- Research and understand emerging trends in digital commerce and consumer shopping behaviors in a digital world
- Understanding of software development lifecycle. Scrum experience preferred.
- Ability to successfully mentor less experienced developers
•· Skills in integration with EDI, AS2, and X12 messaging preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Web Service technologies with SOAP and REST-based web services
- Knowledge of web analytics tools (particularly Webtrends and Google Analytics) with technical knowledge of URL tagging and tracking
•· Knowledge of software best practices and documentation
•· Must understand Web and Internet architecture
- An ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Appreciation for web standards, best-practices and site usability in B2C ecommerce applications
- Proven ability to work on a cross-functional team; ability to communicate in both technical and business environments
- Proven ability to work in a fast growing/ever-changing technology and operational environment
- Bachelor's degree required
The following qualifications are a plus:
- Understanding of CFMX/ColdFusion, Fusebox
- Experience working with distributed, component-based architectures
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.