INVENTORY CONTROL REPRESENTATIVE
|Location:||St. Petersburg, FL|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
The Inventory Control will have the responsibility to ensure organization of materials and product. The Inventory Control associate will organize and coordinate inventory in the warehouse to ensure accurate cycle counts and bin checks and accurate tracking of materials.
The associate is responsible for the day-to-day accuracy of warehouse inventory and cycle counts as well as general organization efforts. The associate will provide accurate reports of all activities within the department to the manager, who then will verify and provide data to Accounting for proper billing and accounting.
The Inventory Associate is responsible for assisting the supervisor and manager in maintaining and improving the department's performance and practices. It is expected that the associate will participate in the process of establishing measurable milestones for all team members, to be a mentor to all team members, and assist in identifying leaders and encourage upward mobility.
The inventory associate is expected to have deep understanding of best practices of storage, putaway, replenish and internal controls. It is expected that the associate will be capable of identifying problems and develop and/or assist in developing solutions to the problems. This position MUST to be able to communicate effectively with team members. Also, assigned specified duties are to be maintained and fulfilled while management is absent.
This position requires strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Success in this role is measured by the timeliness and accuracy of the team and completed projects. Specific metrics will be determined by Service Level Agreements.
Other duties as assigned.
- Execute daily tasks associated with inventory control such as: verifying all return counts given by the receiving department, separating damages from good product, locating good product into pick locations, locating damages into special area for destructions, processing all returns into the computer system for credit, cycle counts, bin checks
- Assess equipment and material requirements.
- Organize the department to handle multiple jobs and maintain maximum flexibility at all times
- Organize inventory according to 5S principles.
- Assist manager in organizing the department to handle multiple types of jobs, maintain maximum flexibility at all times.
- Assist in training and deploying personnel to ensure maximum efficiency and accuracy in all aspects of department operations.
- Ensure clear understanding of each client's requirements and relate it to all employees.
- Notify manager of any delays or problems before and/or during production of a project.
- Assist manager in encouraging all team members to improve skills and knowledge.
- Record all job #s and employee's time accurately on timesheets.
- Maintain a comfortable environmental for all employees (minimize distractions and excessive talking).
- Execute work in a way to ensure maximum efficiency and accuracy in all aspects of warehouse area operations.
- Assist manager in establishing and maintaining a positive atmosphere. Notify your manager of any ideas, problems, or concerns.
- Special projects assigned by the department manager.
Required Education and Experience:
H.S. Degree / GED College Degree Certification/License*
- H.S. diploma or GED
- 5+ yrs experience working in a inventory control/warehouse distribution center environment
- Forklift certification a plus
- Must have excellent computer skills, Excel is mandatory.
- Math and problem-solving skills for SLA metrics
- Working knowledge of picking, packing, load operations, and fulfillment.
Necessary Skills or Characteristics:
- Ability to lead a team by inspiring cooperation and building rapport
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and team members
- Ability to drive production by motivating team members
- Ability to stand 8+ hrs per day
- Ability to work alongside team members to package small items for shipment
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must have flexible schedule with ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Take charge attitude when dealing with full time and temporary warehouse personnel.
- Able to execute the department manager's instructions with minimal supervision.
- Excellent record keeping and organizational skills.
- Basic computer skills with MS Outlook, Excel REQUIRED.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.